Pages

06/12/2013

Biscuit Recipes


Biscuits or Cookies depending where you're from, it doesn't matter. It all starts with a great recipe. There are thousands out there so I hope you're lucky to have your mum/grandma/aunty's secret recipe. If not, tough luck! I'm in that unfortunate boat and so I'm trying out recipes, sending samples to friends, colleagues, friends' colleagues, begging for feedback, trying to find THE ONE.

I've discovered two things:
1. I'm going to put on a lot of weight
2. People like different things so my THE ONE is probably not going to be yours.

I want to have three recipes: a basic vanilla biscuit that could be flavoured, a chocolate biscuit and a gingerbread biscuit.

VANILLA BISCUITS
Recipe from "Cookie Craft" by Peterson & Fryer. It's got a lovely vanilla flavour and holds its shape well. It makes quite a lot of biscuits. If you don't need all of it, remember you can freeze the dough, or unbaked or baked biscuits.

The Orange and Cinnamon variation is perfect for Christmas!

pdf in English
pdf en français Biscuits à la vanille et version Orange-Cannelle

CHOCOLATE BISCUITS
I'll work on that in 2014!

GINGERBREAD BISCUITS
The gingerbread experiment:
Dec 2013, I try 3 different recipes: from "Cookie Craft" by Peterson & Fryer, "Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits" by Harriet Hastings & Sarah Moore and "Brilliant Biscuits" by Pamela Giles. They get dispatched for taste testing to friends and Mr's colleagues. There isn't a clear winner: some like their gingerbread light and only slightly spicy, while others like it chewy, treacly with spoonfuls of spices. I'm still working on it, I've got more batches to bake this weekend.
........
A week later, I try a 4th recipe from "Boutique Baking" by Peggy Porschen. It's not my THE ONE either...
I even try a Frankenstein recipe n°5... not great either. Looks like I'll have to go back to that next year!  

If you've got tips or want to share your family recipes with us feel free to leave a comment or join us on the Facebook group

No comments:

Post a Comment